Name: Dan Petrovic
Company: Dejan SEO
Download Slides: http://dejanseo.com.au/smx/
- Dan starts by showing a risk vs reward and where dodgy link scheme sits
- Most link schemes are high risk and high reward
- Dan has found that G+ is heavily indexed in Google’s index
- G+ are using nofollow to sculpt PageRank
- Experiments have confirmed that Authorship has huge benefits and CTR
- Another experiment is that tabbed content indexing will get indexed by Google
- Dan is now running through how he hijacked Rand Fishkin’s blog – they got a manual penalty for that page
- Duplication of content can trigger a penalty
- Use blogbooker.com to convert blogposts in to PDF
- Dan is presenting some pretty neat experiments – check out his slides in the link above. Too much to type.
- Dejan SEO has launched http://algoroo.com/ (similar to Moazcast and Searchmetrics) for AU
- Dejan SEO has developed a methodology to detect spam links which is 90% accurate – Free to download (check links from slide share)
- CHeck out dejantools.com – it backs up GWT data because it expires after 30 days (very cool to keep and store data)
- Phraseresearch.com another tool introduced to find out keyword rank potential – great for forecasting and keyword research
- Dejan SEO found that 36% of users click on the first result – calculated based on a keyword level
- Social signal canonicalistion is very interesting – use canonical tag to consolidate social signals
- Rejuvenating old links is GOLD! – Read about here: dejanseo.com.au/rejuvenating-old-links/
- Rejunevating old content by enhancing them and start attracting new links and new social signals – enrich old content
- Link build with twitter followers with muil.net
- Tool will spit out twitter followers and contact manually for a link
- Link building with referral traffic with another in-house tool called freshlinkfinder.com (i’ve seen the demo for this, truly epic)
- See who is sending you traffic and get in touch with them, powerful outreach tool!!!!
- Use this tool to find good and bad links, equip yourself with data necessary to mitigate
- Selective sharing and search in G+ does not get you the maximum impact – Share with everyone, not just in a limited circle. Public post will get you links!
- CTR from SERPs to website has no impact on rankings what so ever – MYTH!
- Unlink URLs does have a minor signal for Google – confirms that nofollow has no value at all
- Dan has been busy pumping out great content on his blog, follow them on their blog for some great tips and tricks
- Bounce rate is not a negative SEO signal
- Google does not use AuthorRank – it is a myth confirmed by Google
- Google penalties are granular – there can be page level penalties. It doesn’t always happen sitewide
Please excuse the typos, broken links, incomplete sentences, etc.